5.27.2008

A tale of two jump ropes



So as you all know (and are probably really sick of hearing about), I've been jumping rope for a while now. Well, bathing suit season is just around the corner and I've got to look good so I can wear this little number that arrived last week:


Cute, right?

I decided to take things up a notch and use my new, weighted jumprope. Well. Let me tell you, it feels like you are jumping rope with a small child holding onto each arm. It's SO MUCH HARDER. I can only do it for 1 minute, and then I have to switch to my old reliable rope. Once I switch it feels like heaven.

What do you think? Will I be bathing suit ready? Our pool opened this weekend. YIKES.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that swimsuit! Where did you get it? It'll be okay if we have the same one, we're on different sides of the country right? I'm sure you look great.

darcie said...

how dare you be so fit. and billy blanks will never forgive you for giving up his way.

Yah Yah said...

Isn't this just a way to fulfill your lifelong dream of being a skip it? We all know that you yearned to wear those pulled to the knee tube socks and tour all the schools jumping rope.

I used to think only rich people could be skip its.

Cute suit but it looks quite short waisted. If one of the two small children strapped to each arm is anywhere near the weight of Oz then count me out of such a workout FOREVER.

carrie said...

You already look fabulous, totally bathing suit ready.

Janice said...

You are a goodess. I jump roped for about two weeks and it killed me off. I can't work up the courage to do it again. Darling suit. I am such a heliophobe my body doesn't need to be swimsuit ready because I am completely covered up at the pool with a long sleeved rash guard and knee length shorts. What a dork I am!

Anonymous said...

Carrie and sisters:
Tag…you’re it! Ok, I invented my own game of tag because I’m on a hunt for new running/work out songs. So I know “tag” is kind of stupid, but maybe this will be fun, so hopefully you’ll play along. SO go to my blog and see my “top 10” and then create your own on your blog.