5.07.2008

Oz is One!





A year ago tomorrow (in a few hours, really, since he was born just after midnight) Oz ravaged my body as he entered this world. I truly thought I would never walk, or sit, or do anything ever again without GIANT amounts of pain. Birthing him was for sure the hardest thing I've ever done; the hardest thing I hope to ever do! But, I must say, it was worth it. He is a lovely, lovely baby. He sleeps well, he eats better (I think he now weighs around 25 lbs.), he's good natured, and I'm pretty sure he speaks Spanish, thanks to Dora. I had to bring up our little TV from the basement, because the projector was disconnected for the baptism (post to come, I promise!!!), so he could get his Dora and Boots fix. This is the position he's been watching from:



Nana celebrated early with us by getting him an ice cream cake from Coldstone and giving him some cool toys, along with the requisite box of Kleenex. She tried and tried to get him to pull them out, but he was having none of it. He's just to advanced to be amused by things average 1 year olds would find fun! I fully expect him to be playing Lego Star Wars by 18 months. Here's a picture of Nana trying to get him to pull out the Kleenexes. Look how cute she looks in her sassy jeans:




If there was ever a baby more loved by his siblings and parents, I can't imagine it. Oz, we are so glad you joined our family!!!

6 comments:

Janice said...

Beautiful baby! Holy cow!

Anonymous said...

Man I miss that little guy tons and it has only been 4 days. Such a sweet, dear, loving, loud, aninmated, fun, happy, little guy.

As to the Kleenex boy, Sara bought a cheap brand from Trader Joes and the small size. I fully intend to give him the Kleenex brand when I see him again for hopefully a better reaction.

Happy Birthday precious boy!

Anonymous said...

I see I left a critical "a" off my above post. I think I'll give up on posting.

carrie said...

Oh he is so cute. I love the picture of him hugging the TV. I wish I could give him a birthday kiss! Happy Birthday Oz! May your day be filled with Dora, Boots, and lots of trips up and down the stairs!

Nana - you do look saucy in your jeans. Are they new? I want to spank your bum!

Yah Yah said...

OZ, yes he does speak spanish, maybe he'll be the first in the family to land a job at Taco Bell.

I have to say that I love all the comments about mom's sassy jeans. I first heard Sara comment on them in NYC. They are from the GAP and about 6 years old. Carrie and I had a pair at one point.

Anonymous said...

I had to take another long look at that precious baby boy before I go to bed. Wish I could give him a big kiss and hug and hear him squeal, oh so loudly as he does.