2.11.2009

Baby's first haircut

In November Brig was rocking the following hair style:


All his original hair on the sides and in the back had fallen out - but the top was holding strong. It would stand straight up - and his new hair was starting to come in.

By December his top hair was getting quite long and a little floppy. He really looked like he was about to fly away at any moment.


By February the new hair was also quite long and it was just a big shaggy mess. What you can't see is the bald spot in the back, and how all the long hair on top would lay over it like a baby comb back. He was starting to look pretty hobo-esque.



So I finally agreed to a hair cut which Dave, and my mom, and everyone else has been talking about for some time. Here are some before pictures. Poor kid has no idea what is coming his way.



Don't you love how he is holding his feet?

And the after...



I have to say I was a little traumatized at first, but it is growing on me. I do think Brig is bugged we messed with his mojo though. He shed a tear for every lock we cut off. He is NOT a fan of the clippers.

9 comments:

The Crane Family said...

He is so darling! Believe me, Hudson hates hair cuts too!!!

Jensen Family said...

He looks so cute! I love the hair cut!

Christina said...

Oh I love it! He looks adorable. I would worry he was TOO perfect of a baby if he didn't cry getting his hair cut.

sara said...

I'm such a huge fan of the baby buzz cut. Cute, cute, cute!

Michelle Glauser said...

Man he is darling. And those little spiky bangs he has now are perfect for showing this kid how to be stylish from the start. That last picture of him at the rodeo shows that he needed a haircut.

Natalee said...

The first cut is always hard for me, but then I am always happy afterward. It really looks cute.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Brig and the new hair cut tomorrow. I can NOT go very long without seeing and hugging and kissing him. Such cute pictures.

Emily said...

Can I say how happy I am to see more pictures of this little guy lately? Cute haircut!

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

He looks so cute!