1. She never crawled. She just scooted on her butt & flapped her arms
2. She had chicken pox twice
3. She sported a mullet for the bulk of her youth
4. She is a fast reader. Growing up my mom would take books away as a form of punishment
5. She choose her own middle name at the age of 12
6. She begged to have braces, but the orthodontist wouldn't go for it because her teeth were naturally too straight. Unable to give up the dream, she would force on her siblings retainers.
7. She had a Wendy's Junior bacon cheeseburger every day
8. She had a tendency to "borrow money" from the tithing portion of her piggy bank. One night before tithing settlement she was frantically running around trying to borrow money from her siblings. When she couldn't rally enough cash, she declared to my parents that she would like to investigate other churches. My dad said that was fine, but she still had to go to tithing settlement and tell the bishop she had spent her tithing money. As a younger sister, this was the best moment of my life.
9. She totaled my parents garage freezer while parked in the garage
10. EXCALIBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need I say more? If you don't know ask her.
11. She was a cheerleader
12. Having been taught by my mother to play sports so boys want to do more than just "make out" with you, she played basketball, volleyball, tennis & skied. She went to state twice in tennis.
13. Much to my mother's dismay, she intentionally wore men's clothing 5 times too big - Girbaud jeans & Polo Ts. When she left for BYU she swore she would change the local Utah fashion. Instead she came home in fitted khakis & a tailored blazer
College & Early Married days
14. She was a vegetarian for 10 years. She once turned down 50 bucks to eat 1/4th of a hamburger
15. Shopping with Sara doesn't mean finding what you want, but instead, finding something you can turn into what you want. She will hold up an item and say something like "This swimsuit cover will make the perfect skirt, I just need to cut it in half and add an elastic waist." This would all be well and good if she could sew. She can't. Instead, she runs my mom like a sweat shop in a 3rd world country.
16. She ran a 1/2 marathon
17. Her favorite date was dinner and a movie
18. Our older sister Laura set Sara up with her husband
19. The day of her wedding she went for a 7 mile jog at 5am
20. Her first year teaching middle school fellow teachers often mistook her for a student and demanded to see her hall pass
21. She went through a phase where she (and S) wore all black, all the time
22. She knows every Billy Blanks kick boxing routine by heart. She also has a lot of theories about the kick boxers in his videos - "that one has got to be Billy's daughter," "I'm pretty sure that one is Billy's wife."
23. She eats the exact same thing for lunch everyday: bagel and cream cheese, apple & hot cocoa
24. I'm pretty sure she started the camouflage trend beginning with her first trip to the army surplus store years before camo was sold in mainstream stores
25. She is writing a book
26. She is a fabulous baker
27. She set me up with my husband
28. She has purchased & returned 50% of target merchandise
29. She has done Tae Bo 9 months pregnant, while in labor, more than once
30. She is a self diagnoser of all physical ailments. She claims to have cured her sweating problem by switching to salt with iodine
31. She never leaves the home without sunscreen on
32. She buys shoes in the kids section. Her favorite pair of boots are from Gap Kids.
33. She is a people pleaser and doesn't like to say no
34. She is an amazing mother - unbelievably patient, entertaining, and completely dedicated to her children
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARA. I love you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARA. I love you.