Last night at 9pm Dave came into the bedroom and said "I'm going to the grocery store to pick you up some nasal strips." I jumped in the car to accompany him.
Once we were standing in front of the pharmacy isle at Safeway - he quickly located the nasal strips. Then there was an awkward pause while he stared at the 2 choices:
Dave: "Hm...look at that. They have 2 sizes - small/medium and large."
Dave: long awkward pause
Carrie: Expectant look at Dave
Dave: "So what size should we get?"
Carrie: "Well what size is my nose?"
Dave: Turns to evaluate Carrie's nose
ha ha ha ha.
What a moment. You could just see his little brain working overtime. How do I tell my wife I think she might need the large size?
We took all possible steps to eliminate snoring:
1. I did a sinus rinse right before bed to clear out my nasal passageway
2. I put an extra pillow under my head (apparently elevating your head helps alleviate the snoring)
3. I donned one of my new "small/medium" nasal strips
4. Dave asked that the snoring cease and desist in our nighttime prayer
5. We slept facing opposite directions
We went to bed at 10:30pm. By 11:30pm Dave was on the couch.