4.23.2008

No small feat

They are done. The medicine cabinets are officially built, hung, and ready for deodorant.

What you see below is 5 of the 555 steps required to build these medicine cabinets. Dave was really anxious to put his wood working skills to the test by trying to re-create the existing 1920 medicine cabinet hanging in our upstairs bathroom. I was on board with the plan...but wondered if buying mirrors wouldn't be easier?

After 2 and 1/2 weeks of dedicated work Dave was frustrated when the swinging doors wouldn't swing. I tried to convince him to throw in the towel (I really need to work on my encouragement skills. What - am I going to encourage the baby to quit when he can't figure out how to tie his shoe? Although...isn't that what crocs are for?)

But per normal - Dave triumphed and created some fabulous, 1920 style medicine cabinets for us. I can't wait to load them up...especially since I don't have to share mine with Dave!

Dave I'll never make you throw away an empty deodorant tube or old, nasty toothbrush again. You can get quite the collection going.

A+






6 comments:

leslie said...

very impressive.... you should start a business. ;)

sara said...

shazam!!! i love them!

i can't wait to see it in person. i'll bring dave all my old deodorant and toothpaste tubes so he has something to fill up his medicine cabinet until he accumulates some of his own.

i know, i'm a giver.

M-Ann said...

there is some serious storage, that puppy is deep. per usual, very impressive.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with Dave's skills, he's a regular Bob Vila! Way to go.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed!!! They look great! How are you feeling Carrie? When is your due date again? Tell Dave to keep up the good work!

carrie said...

July 28th...3 months and counting. I'm doing great - thanks for asking!!!