Happy Birthday Dave
I'm a bad wife. It has been 23 days since Zach Morris...I mean...Dave's birthday. And I'm just now getting a birthday acknowledgement on the blog!
Dave you are without question my very best friend. I never get tired of spending time with you or observing your daily accomplishments and antics. Thanks for making me so happy. I love you, and feel incredibly lucky that you are my husband. HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY.
Here are 10 things you might not know about Dave:
1. When he takes his lunch to work, he eats the whole thing by 9:30am (usually starting with the turkey sandwich around 8am). He then calls me at 10:30 to complain he is hungry.
2. He is hands down the fastest snowboarder I've ever seen. He could beat any skier down any double diamond, icy shoot, covered in HUGE moguls. Most snowboarders never attempt moguls.
3. He is a great neighbor. He is always shoveling extra walks, mowing extra lawns and cleaning out gutters than aren't his. When he gets a "snow day" and everyone else has to go to work, he walks around outside for hours knocking snow off people's tree branches so the branches don't break under the weight of the snow.
4. He can quote any line from any episode of the Office.
5. He is an excellent cook. He follows no recipe, and can never re-create anything – but his stir fry, sautéed shrimp, grilled meats/veggies, and other concoctions always taste fabulous.
6. Whenever we go on walks through the neighborhood, or local park – he picks up and throws away any trash that crosses our path
7. Don't walk, lie, or sit on his grass. When we were first married he came home from work and I was outside, lying on the grass, reading a book. He yelled "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GET OFF THE GRASS!!!!" And Dave doesn't yell. If you are at our house visiting, he will act like he doesn't care if you walk on the grass. But the second you leave, he will probably mow our grass again so it is standing up straight.
8. He knows all sorts of random facts. The other night we went to a Safeway and he said "I wish all Safeways were like this one. It just makes sense that a grocery store have a basement and keep the stock room there, vs. the main level." I have no idea how he knows where this, or any Safeway's stock room is.
9. He is a very consistent exerciser. He exercises at least 5 days a week, every week.
10. He has a strange mystical power over kids. Kids who never go to anyone invariably get off their parents lap, so they can go sit with Dave (even if they have never seen him before.)
I could go on and on about how cool Dave is, but I think these pictures speak for themselves. Don't forget to post a comment sharing something you know or like about Dave.