The Night Nomad
It's 7.30 AM and I just woke up for the day. Thought you might enjoy a sampling of what a night in life of Sara is like:
1. Fell asleep on C's bed in between C and S. Struggled out about 2 hours later when I couldn't take the claustrophobic feeling anymore, and headed to my bed to join Travis.
2. A couple hours later, S woke up and came in to us, scared. I rolled to the middle (how do I ALWAYS end up in the middle?) and she climbed in. We slept until...
3. C came in whimpering. He was scared, and clearly the space limitations were being met in our bed, so I got up and joined him back where I had started. About 30 minutes later...
4. Oz woke up. I went in and nursed him, and went back to C's bed.
5. Oz woke up again about 4 hours later, so I fed him again and went back to C's bed.
6. I then woke up around 6 when I heard Travis getting up to leave, but managed to force myself back to sleep until 7.10, when Oz woke up.
There have been many nights where I climb into S's bed, but this one is in Oz's room and I don't sleep well when I hear every little sound he makes.
If someone had told me in my early 20's that I would get up and feel functional after a night like this, I never would have believed them. The crazy thing is, last night wasn't nearly as bad as it can get. At least no one threw up!