6.05.2007

Her father's daughter




On Saturday, I took the kids to the pool. Travis had to work, so we went to a church party in the morning and then hit the pool around 2.30. S was eyeing the diving pool (there are not one but FIVE different pools at the club we joined this year. It's a small step up from the Red Hook pool!) and asked if she could go off the diving board. Since she's never gone off one before, I told her it was something she'd have to wait for Dad to do with her, as I needed to hold Mr. Fussy in the shade. Heaven forbid he sleep in his car seat or a stroller.

Anyway, a bit later on the kids' friends showed up with their dad, John. S walked right up to John and asked him to take her to the diving pool, and he obliged. I sat and watched as she marched up to the diving pool, got in line, and calmly walked to the edge of the diving board and jumped in. No hesitation. No fear. No way she got that from me! I'm afraid of everything, especially things that will probably never happen. Thank goodness she takes after Travis!

5 comments:

Janice said...

Last year, both my older kids jumped off the high dive to their swim instructors. I was very pregnant and looked like an insane mother, screaming, hollaring and jumping up and down watching my kids be fearless and cheering them on. Good for her!

eryka said...

I wish I was there to go to the pool everyday! It was so much fun last year. Enjoy.

erin wright said...

love her for that. can't wait to watch more fearless leaps she will make as she grows older. and she inspires me to jump off the high diving board myself!

Anonymous said...

Scout cracks me up. Has she every even had a swim lesson??

Kathryn said...

I am definitely afraid of things that probably will never happen!

Hope baby slept well for you today!