6.17.2007

The couple that runs together...



... you complete the sentence, because I wouldn't know how. After 11 years of marriage, 2 years of dating, and several months of Travis stalking me, we went running together for the first time.

I have Steve Jobs to thank for the breakthrough. He (and the lovely folks at Apple) invented the iPod, and then someone at Nike decided to make a pair of running shoes that would sync to your iPod. Suddenly, Travis decided to become a runner. As you know, he's already quite the kickboxer (http://lewisgirls.blogspot.com/2007/01/kickboxing-in-bedroom.html), but the purchase of these shoes launched him into a new arena of fitness.

We had a great time. I loved having him all to myself (Grandma was babysitting), with no kids or computers to interrupt our conversation. He even left his blackberry at home. I think he was afraid it would add extra weight to him, making it harder for him to keep up with me. Lucky for him I'm still getting back in shape; otherwise, I probably would have run him into the ground. Because I can run faster than a cheetah.

The end.

2 comments:

carrie said...

The couple that runs together...fights together. Or so is the case with Dave and I. I think we fight more running than any other time. I always run too slow for Dave...so he starts making fun of me. For example, he will walk fast next to me to prove how slow I am. Then I get really mad...and start being mean, and then he gets mad. So all in all - we find it best not to run together.

That is funny that he got the cool running gadget - not the girl who has been running for 17 years. Very cool that he picked up running and you guys had fun together.

Mumsy said...

I need to know more about those Nikes....