6.25.2007

Bridesmaids

I'm attending a wedding this weekend and it got me thinking about wedding attire - what to wear? While searching on-line I found some looks (shown below) that I'm going to try to re-create. These were posted as the "Top 10 Worst Bridesmaid Dresses." Obviously it depends on your perspective. I think a strong case could be made that these are in fact, the top ten best...


You just can't go wrong with the off the shoulder look.

If I didn't know better, I would think these dresses were patterned after the linoleum in my mother's laundry room.
I must say I'm a little disappointed that the ribbon color doesn't match the hats & dresses. I mean how lazy can you get?
I'm pretty sure these are nightgowns.
The girl second to the left has got to be my sister Laura. This is exactly what she looked like in 1986...and her prom dress was this exact design, in a royal blue.
I wonder how they got Scarlett O'Hara to be in the wedding party.

This is a dead ringer for a princess costume I recently bought my 4 year old niece Leah in India. Anyone suddenly craving cotton candy?

I particularly love the flip flops in this ensemble.

These poor, poor women.

Do you think the bows came with the dress, or were sewed on later to add some bling?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura's Prom dress DID NOT LOOK THAT awful GOLD DRESS. You were right it was beautiful blue, which brought out the color of her beautiful blue eyes, but it DID NOT
have that gawdy ruffle around the neck. It had a nice V neck and she looked lovely.

Anonymous said...

Laura's Prom dress DID NOT LOOK THAT awful GOLD DRESS. You were right it was beautiful blue, which brought out the color of her beautiful blue eyes, but it DID NOT
have that gawdy ruffle around the neck. It had a nice V neck and she looked lovely.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about two identical posts. I am not the best blog commenter in the world. However the dresses that are gold, brown and cream do sort of resemble my 70's laundry room floor.

sara said...

laura's dress was very similar to the gold one. i'm sure she'd agree with me on this. sorry, mom.

how about a blog post about your experience wearing size 6 shoes at kristin's wedding in vail? hee hee.

The Olsons said...

I think it's awesome.

Christina said...

I would definitely go with one of those looks! The sad thing is that the first one looks like my choir dress in high school. HIDEOUS! And that was the late 90's.

Christina said...

oh and it was maroon taffeta... :)

leslie said...

ok carrie! where are you? i bet you're off with dave on one of your fabulous vacation destinations again?! missing your posts... come back soon!

Natalee said...

I know this is a little late, but just got around to reading this. that was hilarious. I love how your mom defended Laura's dress through and through.