12.24.2007

Injured


I'm injured. I hurt my foot.

How you ask? Was it from jogging on the ice? No. Snowboarding? Nope. Playing basketball, tennis, volleyball? No. Shoveling, sledding, shopping? Nope, Nope, Nope.

I hurt myself...sleeping. That right people. I was asleep. And then I woke up. That is the whole story. And now my right foot no longer works. I can't stand on it, walk on it, nothing. Apparently it is a case of tendinitis.

Do you know how completely mortifying it was to tell an Urgent Care doctor I hurt my foot in my sleep? I asked him if this happens often - he said no. Apparently he doesn't see a lot of bed injuries. Go figure.

Well, I can't put any pressure on my right foot. I find myself on Christmas Eve with all sort of errands to run, trying to learn how to use crutches. (Or as Sara's daughter called them last night, crotches).

Wish me luck. I need it.

5 comments:

Christina said...

WHAT!!! Do you need anything? So no skiing I take it. :( I hope you are okay. What are your plans for New Year's. We'll probably head up on Sunday or Monday. Will you still be there?

carrie said...

Well, I'm glad SOMEONE cares about me! I'm doing good - actually my foot is much better today, probably 85%. What a releif!

We will be up there until Tuesday! Call us when you come up - we have to get together. Call Dave's cell phone, I'm horrible about having mine on me.

Yah Yah said...

Um, I guess I don't know what to say. I can certainly commiserate with having random injuries but since I am SINGLE and always have been, I am green as to the nuances that would happen in a married person's bed that would cause such an injury. Any of the mirad of awfully frustrating injuries I have had are all RUNNING related. Were you in a race in a dream???

Amanda said...

Oh MY! Oh MY! I care! I've just been out of it. I'm glad you're doing better. How does this happen?

leslie said...

it is kinda funny - you old bag!!!
hope you're feeling better. :)

my bro LOVED his shirt, btw! i sent it to him along with the NYT article you'd mentioned in your shirt post.... so great!! we'll definetly be commin back for more!!