"Do you want kids?"
"Do you expect me to do your laundry?"
"Even though you personally don't support ABC's 'The Bachelor' are you willing to turn the TV over to me each Monday night between 8 and 10pm?"
- Our beautiful 1920 woods floors covered is scratch marks
- Our savings decline with each new vet bill and purchase of dog food
- Me trailing a dog with a plastic bag, so I can pick up its warm, mushy poo and carry the stinky treasure until I can locate a trash can. Or worse yet, me running out of plastic bags and not knowing what to do with the latest treasure. Do I kick dirt over it & run?
- Never going on vacation ever again, unless you count a dog park as a vacation
- The lawn that Dave won't even let me WALK on, dead & dug up
- My dog charging some poor terrified child, and becoming the person who yells out "don't worry - my dog is nice!"
- Drool marks & dog hair, everywhere
- The fear in my sister's eye as she relives the 3 unlucky times she was bit by a dog
- Never seeing my families mountain retreat again as it is strictly a "no pet zone"
- Dealing with horrific allergies I never knew I had
- Sophie's choice. Do we spend $6,000 for a surgery that will hopefully extend little Sparky's life? Or do we sentence the poor little creature to death.
Am I being over dramatic? When I bring up these concerns, Dave replies "yea, but it will be fun!"
How do I argue with that?
Then in rebuttal he sends me email after email with pictures of puppies (like the one pictured below) with subject lines like "why don't you love me?"
He is totally fighting dirty.
So my friends what should I do? Should I buckle or stand strong? There is no option for compromise here.