3.05.2007

Top 10 Pregnancy Complaints

10. The vivid, scary dreams I have. Usually I can’t remember my dreams but when I’m pregnant, they are so real I wake up sweating and can’t get back to sleep. The one I had last night was awful... I had lost C and Ez in a large apartment building and was trapped in an elevator.

9. My swollen feet. I got the greatest pair of Frye boots for Christmas and I can’t wedge my fat feet into them. Soon the only thing I’ll be able to get on is flip flops. Let’s hope by the time that happens it’s at least 45 degrees outside. I actually cried a little yesterday, because none of my church shoes were comfortable.

8. My back; it hurts so much I can never get comfortable. In bed I shift positions all night long trying to find a way to sleep that doesn’t hurt. I even bought an exercise ball, hoping that sitting on that a few hours a day would relieve some of the back pain.

7. The swollen hands. My rings are so tight they hurt, but they are too tight to take off.

6. The metallic taste in my mouth. It lasts the ENTIRE time I’m pregnant and affects the taste of everything I eat. I have to brush my teeth about 90 times per day to try and get rid of it, if only for a minute.

5. The constant thirst. I’m so thirsty all day long, I can’t stop drinking stuff. Which leads us to....

4. The constant peeing.

3. The heartburn. Tums and Rolaids don’t make a dent in it.

2. The sweat. I’ve started sweating profusely, even when I don’t think I’m hot. Constant wet armpits are so not cute.
and the top complaint about pregnancy right now is...

1. The giant size of my belly. You should see people’s faces when they look at my belly and ask when I’m due, and I reply “May 3rd”. They give me such a pity-filled look I almost can’t stand it. I’ve started saying April just to avoid that look, but soon I’m going to have to answer “March” because my stomach will be so big even April will seem ludicrous. The people I tell March to are going to be VERY concerned when my giant belly and I are still going strong in the middle of April!

Okay, what are yours? I'm dying for people to commiserate with me.

11 comments:

Mumsy said...

The heartburn thing was my biggest challenge. I wrote about if often on my blog when I was pregnant. I found that cherry maalox to the max was the best. It's hard to choke down, but it was the only thing that took the edge off. Let me put it this way--the sacrament would give me heartburn.

I called it my "night-cap"

liz said...

My hightened thirst for my husband.....in the middle of the afternoon. Not such great timing for any of us.

ariane said...

the heartburn was pretty bad for me. i got lots of 'you're going to give birth to a hairy little monkey" remarks. i'd never heard that before and googled it. indeed, old wives associated heartburn in pregnancy with copious hair on a baby. ta was born with a full head of hair and fuzz everywhere--on her back, on her elbows, on her ears. all the body hair disappeared pretty quickly, but here hair is out of control. i have to pin it to keep it out of her eyes and mouth now.

i gain tons of weight when i'm pregnant--90 pounds with nola and 70 with ta. wish it wasn't true. it goes on a lot quicker than it comes off.

em said...

Ok girls don't hate me for this one... my top pregnancy complaint is that I have zero. Zero complaints equals zero kids. : ( I'm having a bitter week. Forgive me?

scout said...

the constant urge to go was the worst. on the day(s) of birth the two thoughts equally occupying my mind were: "my baby is here, he's so beautiful," and "I'm so glad I don't have to pee!"

eryka said...

I hate being sick all the time. I have to carry around zip lock baggies - its so bad. I have the opposite thirst problem. I'm never thirsty and when I do drink I need my zip lock baggies right away! This has to be my last pregnancy.

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

My biggest complaint is my frequent "blonde" relapses. I can't seem to remember what I am supposed to be doing. Sometimes I even forget what I am doing in the middle of doing something.

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

The puking. And the grocery sacks in my handbag to receive the puking.

Janice said...

I had that horrible taste in my mouth with all four of mine. The only thing that made it go away (if only for a short time) was the orange colored Listerine mouthwash. Dentist husband had samples of it at work and I went through a ton of it.